food.art

June 6th, 2005

I like Chicken Pot Pie. I used to have the little frozen-kind (you know, with the tinfoil-shell that made your teeth ringe when you hit it with your fork?) heated in the toaster-oven when watching “The Wonderful World of Disney.” Except that Disney was on Sundays and we’d usually have popcorn on Sundays, which means I didn’t have Chicken Pot Pies, then.

Whatever.

Anyhow, I bought this big 6-lb bag of Bisquick Instant Pancake mix for $4 (that should make it clear that the pounds are weight and the dollars currency) becuase it had a recipe on the back for “Easy Chicken Pot Pie.”

It IS pretty easy, but it’s pretty bland. I suppose the fact that it was on the back of a 6-lb bag of Bisquick Instant Pancake mix should have been the tip-off. But I’d never bought BisQuick before. And you’ve got to admit that was a pretty good deal.

Anyway, I’d like to get a better recipe. A tastier recipe. And one that — unfortuantely — involves using BisQuick (brand) Instant Pancake Mix (becuase I’ve got more than 5.5 pounds of it still taking of space in my refigerator).

6 comments

1. comment by Your nieceling's Mother on Tuesday, Jun 7th, 2005 8:01 am

Some possible recipes: http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=bisquick+potpie&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

And a note: Find a good filler recipe, and just make the topping with bisquick, whether or not the potpie recipe calls for it. You could also add some herbs to the crust to flavor it.

2. comment by Barbara on Monday, Jun 13th, 2005 3:40 pm

Check out http://www.epicurious. Life’s too short not to have decent pot pie, and I fully support the biscuit rather than crust position.

3. comment by spastic freakshow on Wednesday, Jun 29th, 2005 3:01 pm

bisquick is good for biscuits. add the more sugar than it calls for. add 2/4 cup brown sugar say.

damn good biscuits! also, i found out that red lobster uses bisquick for those garlic cheese biscuits. i know you’ve had ’em.

4. comment by spastic freakshow on Wednesday, Jun 29th, 2005 3:03 pm

biscuits in the morning. what a pleasure.

5. comment by the Other michael on Friday, Jul 8th, 2005 4:01 pm

Wooooh! Thanks.

Come over for breakfast, everybody!

I also make a mean huevos rancheros. Only sans tortillas.

6. comment by the Other michael on Saturday, Jul 9th, 2005 10:57 am

Oh, Spastica, how I hate you so!

I made caramel biscuits for breakfast, and ate 5 of them already. ohhhhhh…..

comments RSS trackBack identifier URI